This course will give an overview of the biotechnical processes in the pulp and paper industry, with a focus on
- Bottlenecks and developing areas.
- Overview of wood degrading organisms and enzymes.
- Overview of industrial production of enzymes.
- Transgenic trees.
- Enzymatic and microbial techniques for pulp and paper industry including both
established techniques and others still on an experimental level. This include among
others bio-pulping, enzymatic bleaching, enzymatic activation of dissolving pulp, Pitch
control, and enzymatic de-inking.
- Running a biotechnology consulting company.