- Moisture sorption and swelling
- Water sorption and paper structure
- Influence of temperature and water on mechanical properties
- Interactions of fibres and water – product demands
- Influence of moisture on mechanosorptive creep
The student will after the course have a fundamental understanding of the;
- mechanisms controlling moisture sorption and water-induced swelling of fibres,
- influence of moisture sorption on the mechanical properties of fibres and papers,
- mechanosorptive behaviour of paper and paper products,
- factors controlling liquid imbibition into fibrous networks, and
- limitations of fibrous products due to the interaction between water and fibres.
November 20-23, 2023
Professors and research leaders from industry.
Scientific articles and reviews.
For Treesearch associated Ph.D-students and post-doc the course is free of charge. For persons from Industries associated to Treesearch the course cost is 5000 SEK for one person, 9000 SEK (4500 SEK/person) for two persons and 12000 SEK (4000 SEK/person) for three persons. For persons belonging to organizations not associated to Treesearch the cost is 21 300 SEK.
Prof. Lars Wågberg
Maximum number of participants: 25