- Moisture sorption and swelling
- Water sorption and paper structure
- Influence of temperature and water on mechanical properties
- Interactions of fibres and water – product demands
- Influence of moisture on mechanosorptive creep
COVID-19 update (Jan 2021). Treesearch is following the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Sweden and the local restrictions from the Treesearch partners. Due to health concerns and travel restrictions all courses during spring 2021 will be given as on-line courses. For summer and autumn we hope to give courses in person, with the complementary possibility to attend on-line.
The student will after the course have a fundamental understanding of the;
- mechanisms controlling moisture sorption and water-induced swelling of fibres,
- influence of moisture sorption on the mechanical properties of fibres and papers,
- mechanosorptive behaviour of paper and paper products,
- factors controlling liquid imbibition into fibrous networks, and
- limitations of fibrous products due to the interaction between water and fibres.
Maximum number of participants: 25