Polymers derived from renewable resources and green materials are discussed from a scientific and commercial perspective, covering the entire span from established knowledge to future developments.
The course curriculum includes
- structures and typical property profiles of common renewable polymeric materials,
- the effect of structural variations on the material performance,
- a commercial and scientific overview of some industrially anticipated and implemented applications, such as textiles, packaging, biocomposites and nanocellulose
- degradation and composting issues, and
- a critical discussion of the commercial potential, sustainability, and cost efficiency of potential green material products.