Chalmers Materials Analysis Laboratory (CMAL) is a research and user facility providing basic and state-of-the-art instruments with relevance to materials science.
The primary aim of the laboratory is to provide resources for conducting excellent research but also to be a meeting place for researchers and students. This will contribute to a multi-disciplinary way of addressing scientific challenges and to channel technology transfer and information exchange with society at large. In addition, CMAL seeks to improve the visibility of materials science at Chalmers and the quality of education and outreach activities.
Chalmers Materials Analysis Laboratory offers access to a number of instruments and analysis methods such as:
• Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
• Transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
• Focused ion-beam/SEM (FIBSEM)
• Atom probe tomography (APT)
• Small to wide angle X-ray scattering SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS/GIWAXS
• Raman microscopy
• FTIR microscopy/spectrometry
• Confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM)
• Combustional elementary analysis
• Surface plasmon resonance (SPR)
• Fluorescence spectroscopy
• UV-Vis spectrophotometry
It is our vision that the multitude of advanced and basic instruments, professional technical support staff and an excellent research environment will provide unique possibilities for conducting world-class materials research.